Here are nine simple ways to add more fiber to your diet:
1. Start your morning with a high fiber, whole grain breakfast cereal.
2. Add lentils, beans, and rice to your regular diet, or eat them instead of meat-based dishes.
3. Eat fresh, unprocessed fruit. Bananas, pears, apples, and dried fruits are high in fiber.
4. Eat fresh vegetables. Sweet potatoes, carrots, asparagus, spinach, broccoli, and peas are high in fiber.
5. When you eat bread, make it whole grain.
6. Add garbanzo beans to your salads.
7. Eat air-popped popcorn as a snack.
8. Eat carrots as a snack.
9. Eat an orange instead of drinking orange juice