• Enter and exit through department stores to avoid walking past food vendors.
• Take frequent breaks to rest and re-group. Sit and enjoy a cold drink and/or protein snack at least every two hours to avoid becoming overly tired and hungry.
• Avoid fast food stands and food courts whenever possible:
– Take along a lean lunch and protein snacks;
– Refill your water bottle at water fountains instead of purchasing a drink from food stands that may also tempt you to eat;
– Sit on a bench or go out to your car to eat your lunch or snack.
• “Say no” to free food samples; the calories add up quickly.