Most of us spend more time sitting down than we do standing. When we don’t move often enough, we get stiff and weak. We also tend to get tired. Here are two simple exercises you can do while sitting that will help keep you flexible and energized.
1. Stretch your arms out to your sides, shoulders high.
2. With palms up, make small backward circles in the air.
3. Start with ten repetitions and increase as your time and energy permit.
1. Sit tall, stretch your arms over your head and interlock your thumbs.
2. Keeping your arms straight, bend at the waist so you lean first to the right and then to the left.
3. Repeat five times.