Think back over the past two or three weeks and answer this question: Are you moving as much — and as often — as you’d like? If not, what can you do to start changing that pattern? Here’s a checklist of five questions that will help you take a closer look at your exercise habits:
1. Are you engaging in intentional activity several times a week?
2. Is your level of activity staying the same, increasing, or decreasing?
3. Are you getting a variety of activity, or do you focus primarily on one thing?
4. What would you like to see yourself doing differently for the next few weeks?
5. What is one activity goal you can declare — and accomplish — in the coming week?
A monthly review of these questions will help you stay focused and keep your physical activity fresh, challenging, and effective.