We all experience times when we’re overwhelmed by anxious and stressful thoughts. We get caught in a raging current of worries that sometime leave us feeling as though we’re about to drown in our own troubles.
You need to remember that there is always a way out. You can intentionally create a mental exit for yourself that will break the cycle of anxiety and distress. Here’s how to do it:
• Recognize that you’re caught in an anxiety avalanche and decide to take a time out.
• Close your eyes and shift your focus away from your upset emotions.
• Imagine your body bathed in a warm golden light that sustains you.
• Call to mind an image and let your body experience its power. Focus on this image.
• Listen to whatever messages come from within you and seem to answer the situation or person that is distressing you.
Let yourself savor the words that come from your own inner wisdom and vow to carry them with you as you return to your surroundings.